A mother of two children caught a monkeypox of a patient due to useless NHS glove
The 40-year-old mother-of-two children, from Fleetwood, Lancashire, it thought to have caught the possibly fatal virus while changing the beddings at Blackpool Victoria Hospital. A hospital worker has blamed for failing to protect her from the deadly monkeypox, According to The Sun reports the health care assistant who has not been identified, developed flu-like symptoms after working at the hospital where the previous two victims were diagnosed.
The 50-year-old husband was also scared to the disease after his face broke in spots, the woman is the first person to catch monkeypox in the UK, while the previous victim caught the virus in Nigeria before traveling to the UK. The first woman who affected the virus is now being treated by doctors in the specialist unit at the Royal Victoria Infirmary, According to the woman the gloves provided by the NHS were the reason she got infected, she added,’ the gloves is too short to cover my arms and left my skin exposed while changing the bedding. I think that’s how I got infected.
Dr Nick Phin, Deputy director, Of the National Infection Service at PHE, said that this healthcare worker cared for the patient before a diagnosis of monkeypox was made, We have been actively monitoring contacts for 21 days after exposure to detect anyone presenting with an illness so that they can be assessed quickly.
The Government agency is also seeking to make contact with anyone who made contact with the individual in the 24 hours before they noticed a rash, this viral disease was recorded for the first time in the UK on September 7 in a Nigerian national staying at a naval base in Cornwall, the second person was then confirmed to have been struck down with the virus on September, 37 people were confirmed to have been struck down by the monkeypox in an outbreak in the US in 2003.
Monkeypox is one of the 37 viruses that pose a potential threat to the population around the world